Note: The St. George ROC was demolished on Nov. 24th, 2016.
St. George Romanian Orthodox Church, of the Romanian Orthodox Episcopate of America, was the second oldest Romanian Orthodox Church in Saskatchewan at time of its demolition.
In 1906, lots were purchased from the CPR for the construction of a 64x30 wooden church in Dysart.The first parish priest, Arch. Fr. E. Ungureanu, blessed the church after completion of the building. In 1922, Arch. Fr. Daniel Maxim took over as the full-
In 1906 a frame church was built in Dysart and had the same priest as Kronsberg, south of the village. In 1920 a new church was built and was used until 1968, when the present church was built. Because the church in 1927 had five parish council members with the name of John, the church was dedicated to St. John the Baptist. In 1959 a new rectory was built that has since been sold.
The first St. Cuthbert’s Anglican Church was built in 1913 and served the congregation until 1967, when it was replaced by the one that is currently in use. St. Cuthbert’s is in The Teachers of the Faith Parish, and is located in the Diocese of Qu’Appelle. It has a shared ministry with Fort Qu’Appelle, Balcarres, Dysart, and in the summer months Katepwa.
In 1961 the church at Kronsberg was closed, and the parishioners from that area now worship in the village.Over the years, the boundaries of parishes have changed. In 1977 the parish became a mission of Cupar; then in 2000 the parishes of Dysart, Cupar, and Lipton were joined with Southey and Strasbourg to form the Cupar-
We have an active ACW, vestry and also a Sunday school. At present we are served by the Rev Warren Huestis.